Position will serve as a senior member of the sales team to drive revenue growth in the NYC to Washington DC metro region. Position will plan, develop, coordinate and lead business development and account management efforts for new target markets. You will be responsible for penetrating and/or growing company’s share of several vertical markets with a particular focus on multifamily housing and hospitality. This position has overall revenue and margin growth responsibility for assigned territories and requires excellent management skills.
- Develop energy projects (conservation and on-site generation) in the multifamily and hospitality markets of from the NYC metro region south to Washington DC.
- Execute business development action plans for defined targets. Monitor sales activities and adjust to market changes as necessary.
- Penetrate new markets for company’s services and broad solution set, establishing new relationships and creating new sales strategies to meet overall revenue and margin growth objectives.
- Coordinate and collaborate with professional staff and take the lead in development proposals.
- Develop deep relationships with utility program managers to leverage all available utility incentive rebates.
-Develop deep relationships with industry trade organization members to increase brand awareness and company reach.
- Maintain an accurate sales funnel
- Spearhead lead generation, targeted collateral, market presence and programs.
- Direct and supervise the development of major proposals, presentations and brochure materials. Create proposals and make effective presentations.
- Use your sales acumen to develop and close energy and retrofit project sales opportunities through relationships in the public and private sector markets. Meet and exceed sales quota.
- Strategically build alliances and maintain customer relationships to create partnerships and future opportunities.
- Lead presentations to new clients. Effective written and verbal communication is key.
- Plan and attend industry trade and convention shows to build strategic relationships.
- May assist in the development and implementation of the Strategic Marketing Plan, department sales objectives, and individual sales plans.
- Strategize and negotiate contracts that add value and a significant return on investment for your customers and for the firm.
- Collaborate with team to effectively complete utility analysis, building surveys and needs assessments, financial justification and related proposals and presentations. Obtains letters of intent and arrange finances.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the company or as directed by senior management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others. Inspires and motivates others to perform well. Effectively influences actions and opinions of others. Inspires respect and trust. Accepts feedback from others. Displays passion and optimism. Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans. Communicates changes effectively. Builds commitment and overcomes resistance. Prepares and supports those affected by change. Monitors transition and evaluates results. Must be comfortable working in an ambiguous environment, be a self-starter and have a flexible approach.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decision. Displays orientation to profitability. Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals. Ability to be decisive and make timely decisions.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget. Develops and implements cost saving measures. Contributes to profits and revenue. Conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values. Benefits organization through outside activities. Supports affirmative action and respects diversity. Strong work ethic and results orientation.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Education/Experience: Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year technical or business administration degree or equivalent, plus extensive experience with sales and marketing of energy efficiency, onsite generation and or commercial construction solutions.
7–10 years of construction, commercial/industrial engineering, and sales experience, with at least 5 years in the sales function. ESCO experience a plus, or experience with selling commercial real estate financing (tax credit syndication for example). Must possess excellent communications skills (both verbal and written) with ability to produce highly professional proposals and presentations.
- Sales skills: Track record of developing and closing sales opportunities in related industries. Advanced knowledge of the energy efficiency, construction, or real estate development and finance required. Extensive knowledge of sales, marketing, and engineering required. Excellent organizational, leadership, communication, and analytical skills a necessity
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proficiency in knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Internet software, sophisticated accounting software, etc.
- Other Requirements: Extensive travel anticipated.
Interested parties should send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com. Inquiries will be held in strict confidence.